Friday, October 21, 2011

No. 72

Why is it no one ever sent me yet
One perfect limousine, do you suppose?
Ah no, it's always my luck to get
One perfect rose.
***
DOROTHY PARKER


1. The World is... a difference of opinion.
***
2. The rabbit you pulled out of your hat...
left quite a mess in there.

3. The best eraser in the world...
is a poor memory.
***
4. Humor is life...in work clothes.



5. Remember the road to Hell...
is paved by the lowest bidder.
***
6. I have been hired, wired, tried, and
fired...now I'm just tired.
***

7. You are a person of interest...to the universe.
***
8. Worry is the fear of looking back
on your life...and seeing something gaining on y0u.
9. Giving undivided attention to any
thing...will cause your eyes to cross;
trust me on this one.
***
10. When you do something, give it a
fancy name... like habitat consultant for
handyman.
Runnin' The Road
By Sturdley Shinglehammer,
the world's worst poet.
On the road,
'N under the hood,
Motor's hummin',
Sounds so good!

Gotta brand new Corvette,
Ain't missed a payment yet.


One man's poetry is another man's poison.OSCAR WILDE

A Few Metaphors You're Welcome To...
***
1. As accurate as a rubber yard stick...

2. As careful as a blind squirrel...

3. Heavier than a rolled-up sidewalk...

4. As enthusiastic as a thong inspector...

5. As good as saltines and sardines...



On the Universe...
When you there, there isn't any there there.
GERTRUDE STEIN


"There ain't nobody here but us chickens...let's have an
egg roll!"
Overheard in Sy Sturdley's Henhouse





The award above was awarded to me for being me.
It is my very own award, soon to be coveted; or ignored; or despised.It will be awarded(?) from time to time to anyone I deem worthy forreasons of my own. There are no requirements whatsoever.

4 comments:

klahanie said...

Very good. I crossed my eyes reading your delightful posting :)
A peaceful day to you and yours, good sir.

Paul said...

Just for the fun of it..

1....but always not mine being carried out
2....never mind, the next one I gonna pull out will be a vacuum cleaner.
3....and the ideal one is with "freedom of choice"
4....and the emperor wears none.
5....good consolation for folks taking the easy way out.
6-9....Henry, I've to make a complaint, you got so many interesting stuffs here, each round I couldn't finish reading everything before my boss started to complain!!!

COUNT SNEAKY said...

KLAHANIE, I warned you about that. Now to correct them you have to listen to a political debate on TV... and when you wake up, they will be fine and you will have a fine day. Thanks.

COUNT SNEAKY said...

PAUL, Hey, you're not bad at Generic Maxims. My favorites of yours are #2 and#4. The next time your boss catches you watching my blog, tell him or her that you're doing "research" ...or just relieving "job stress" so you can go back to work "refreshed" and "invigorated."